Sam is an illustrator from Long Island, NY.
She's done work with Amazon Publishing, VICE Media, Snap Inc, and some local clients. She collects graphic novels, tacky mugs, pinback buttons, and things of Luigi from Super Mario Bros. Sam lives on this forsaken sandbar with her husband who does audio things. Here's a proper resume.
- Fashion Institute of Technology Illustration AAS 2014
- Suffolk County Community College Visual Arts AAS 2012
- Classes with Jeffrey K. Fisher (rest in peace, old man) at the Drawing Studio L.I.
Figure Drawing, Location, Professional Development - 2008 - 2014
- Store Graphic Artist for Whole Foods Market
September 2014 - July 2016
A mix of illustration, graphic design, and some hands-on creativity to maintain the Whole Foods brand.
- Art Director for Nice Garage
October 2014 - 2017
Designing and illustrating for the local Long Island music series, Nice Garage.
Selected published work:
- "Grave of Hummingbirds" novel cover for Little A [x] 2016
- Album cover for Nice Garage's Year One & Year Two Compilations [x] 2015 & 2016
- Covers for Amazon Publishing's Day One 2015-2017
- Blue.exe: A mixed media pixel art mural installed in Riverhead, NY through East End Arts' JumpstART initiative. [x][x] Installed November 2015
- Local Color: Vanderbilt at Gallery North • October 2016
- Galerie Project's Domesticated Space Travelers show • November 2015
- East End Arts' 4th Annual National Show: The Figure • August/September 2015
- Micro at the Bowery Whole Foods Market • March/April 2015
- NSFW at Glitter Milk Gallery • February/March 2015
- 9th Annual Valentine's Day Show at Ripe Art Gallery • February/March 2015 Featured in The Long Islander, Newsday and The New York Times [x]
ART BRN 2 at Ripe Art Gallery • July 2014